Varicose Vein Treatments
What Are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins used to be seen as a condition of permanence, affecting approximately 1 in 4 women and remains prevalent in as much as 10 percent of men. Varicose veins are caused by weakened valves that result in blood pooling in the veins. This results in that infamous swollen, blue and twisted look. Varicose veins will usually rear their unsightly head near the surface of the skin, especially along the legs and ankles of those who suffer from them. Don’t let your varicose veins go untreated, because they can aggravate and increase in severity over the course of time.
The chances you’ll get varicose veins only increase with age and varicose veins can certainly come about genetically. Even though anyone can develop varicosities, people who are overweight, pregnant, and people who stand for long periods of time in the workplace are at increased risk for varicose veins. People with varicose veins may be bothered by their appearance and the uncomfortable symptoms they sometimes cause. Fortunately, there are treatments available to close off varicose veins, helping to minimize their appearance and eliminate discomfort.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
- Abnormally swollen, knotted, or distended superficial veins in the leg and ankles
- Pain in the legs (often an aching or cramping sensation)
- Heaviness, tiredness, and lethargy
- Burning or tingling sensations, inflammation
- Swelling & throbbing
- Areas of tenderness surrounding the veins
Varicose veins will not fade away on their own. But the good news is that we offer treatment, which will help you avoid the following problems down the road:
- Inflammation (phlebitis) and ongoing irritation and swelling
- Blood clots (e.g., DVT) and severe infections — These are dangerous because they can move from leg veins and travel to other vital organs, like the lungs, which can be life-threatening as they can potentially affect the functionality of the heart and lungs
- Ankle sores or skin ulcers
- Rashes and even bleeding
Contact Varicose Vein Laser Center & Med Spa today to learn more about our varicose vein treatments that will result in aesthetic enhancement and resolve you of any discomfort you have been subjected to as a result. We proudly serve patients in the Pasadena, Downey, West Los Angeles, Montebello, and surrounding areas. Schedule your initial consultation today.
2457 W. Beverly Blvd.
Montebello, CA 90640