Since the 1970s, the rate of obesity with the U.S. has more than doubled, leading to a vast increase in related health complications, such as heart disease, diabetes, and conditions like sleep apnea. Many people who are overweight or obese struggle to lose the extra pounds, despite their own attempts to diet or exercise. Our goal is to help patients lose unwanted weight by engaging in a healthy lifestyle that supports long-term health.
Weight Loss Health Benefits
- Losing just 10 pounds is enough to lower your blood pressure and risk for heart disease
- You will experience more energy, which can boost confidence and improve your quality of life
- Less weight means lower pressure on joints, resulting in reduced joint pain and a lower risk of developing osteoarthritis
- You will lower your risk for certain cancers, such as breast, colon and thyroid cancer
- Healthy weight loss that is maintained over time can reduce the risk of developing diabetes by as much as 60 percent or more
Medically Supervised Weight Loss and Maintenance
Unlike fad diets, which often negate entire food groups or call for extreme eating patterns, medically supervised weight loss is designed to ensure adequate nutrition and an active lifestyle that is both sustainable and enjoyable. Rather than feel drained from too few calories or deprived of certain types of foods, we want our patients to feel satisfied and empowered to make healthier choices.
The first visit is a consultation, during which we take measurements and evaluate current health and potential risk factors. Based on those results, we will develop a personalized weight management plan that encourages steady weight loss, which is more likely to stay off than weight that is lost rapidly through extreme interventions. As we move forward with treatment, our staff will monitor you for changes to your health and keep track of your personal fitness and weight loss progress.
For more information about weight loss management services and whether it may be right for you, contact our office to schedule your consultation. We proudly serve patients in Downey, Pasadena, Montebello, the San Gabriel Valley, and surrounding areas. We can’t wait to help you succeed!